Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Blessings continue...



Today the adoption was final. We met with Civil Affairs Officers and promised that we would take care of her as our own, not abuse or abandon her. She told them she was happy with her new family and liked her new brother too. The director of the orphanage gave me her reports from Half the Sky. Half the Sky is a program started by an adoptive mom.
The motto is "Providing love and hope in China's orphanages." Jaynie participated in the pre-school progam. We looked at it together. A collection of about 50 pages complete with pictures. She chattered about everyone and named all the children. She beamed when she showed me her work. On the ride back to the hotel her eyes welled with tears, she did not want me to see. Our daughter is a very brave little girl! We walked down to the "Peoples Park" and enjoyed feeding the fish. A great day for all, I even found a rare stash of diet coke!
I'm still pinching myself to see if I'm dreaming. Our last adoption my kid was throwing toys about the playroom instead of playing with them. During that adoption and even later I thought I scream if I heard one more person say "looks like you've got your hands full". This trip I had prepared myself for more of the same kind of difficulties. To my delight this adoption with Jaynie is whole different ballgame!
Tomorrow our guide is taking us sightseeing. Thursday we leave for Guilin.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Jane, I just can't tell you how tickled I am that all is going so well for you and for Jaynie. I love the photos of her! She has the sweetest smile and I think her voice is so cute.

Seeing the photos from People's Park makes me wish that we were there again. We just love Guangxi and are looking forward to returning there someday.

Hugs and love,
Sharon