Monday, November 19, 2007

Unbelievable...






Today we met Jaynie Lin. We arrived at the civil affairs office about five minutes before they did. She bopped-in, strolled over, and gave me a big kiss on the cheek. She said "hello mama".
I had sent three letters with pictures beforehand. She had all the pictures that I had sent and told me who everyone was in the pictures. The director told us that she was very talented at dance and asked me if we could help develop that talent. Jaynie then did a little dance for us. We cheered! Other babies were screaming, Jaynie was just playing with the bubbles that I'd brought her, and was getting to know Andrew, her brother. I showed her computer pictures of her friends that had been adopted. She got excited when she saw images of Mary and Mandy . She asked the guide if they lived close by, no sign of grief or trauma yet.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Jane!
I finally found your site and I am so full of joy for you! Jaynie is a doll, and she looks like a perfect fit for your family. Is it a sign that her name is Jaynie? A Jane and a Jaynie... sounds like it was meant to be. Well of course it is! You are amazing Jane. You make this world a better place not just for children that need a home but for those of us who are privileged to know you. Yes, you are an inspiration! May God bless your trip and keep you all safe.

Sharon said...

::::::::GRINNING FROM EAR TO EAR:::::::::

Now didn't I tell you she was a sweetheart????

Jane, we are just THRILLED for you to finally be with your beautiful girl!

Seeing the photos of her with you has just made my day! :) I can't wait to read more!

Hugs!
Sharon

Jill and Rick said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful and her transition sounds nothing less than remarkable!

Jill G
(mom to Guilin sweetie Annie)

Stefani said...

JANE!!! I love the picture of you both together leaning on the table. It will be our home page tomorrow.

We are SO PROUD of you and think Jaynie is extremely brave. Get those dance classes scheduled.

Happy Thanksgiving friend.

Stefani Ellison

Marji said...

Jane!!!

She is beeyootifull! That's the same room where they brought Nora to me. So far so good, your long wait to travel helped Jaynie adjust to the idea of her new family, so I guess that's good, but so glad to see you with her, finally! I hope your first night together went better than Nora's first night with me, she got tired and then she got terrified. I bet Jaynie knows her FF's phone number. Ask your guide to call them ahead of time and you can arrange to spend more time with them other than just the hi-bye at the SWI. Can't wait to see more updates.