Thursday, November 29, 2007

Today is our last day in China, tomorrow we travel.




This morning we went to the markets. We visited the Chinese medicine market. One of my photos shows dried flies and centipedes. We also visited the pearl market as well as the clothing market. I should find the suitcase market to try and get all my new stuff home! The afternoon was spent completing the adoption process. We went to the American Consulate to receive Jayne's visa and other documents. There were many other families there with their new children. It is such an emotional journey. It is wonderful for me to spend time with other families who share the same passion for these children from China. I love China. I love the sights, the people and the culture.
Jaynie's behavior has pretty much gone down the tubes. Our language barrier seems to cause her some frustration. She is testing the limits, I will be glad to be home where she can see how the family operates, and how we interact with the other kids. It has been a great trip and I'm glad to be able to share it with Andrew.
But now the real journey begins... Blending a family, developing communications, and seeing how well two princesses can live under one roof. The evolution of a new rhythm, and finding the new balance.

No comments: