Friday, November 23, 2007

Guilin, the Orphanage, and my heart





Today we went to the Orphanage. Our driver was a little confused on the direction but Jaynie, told him which way. We weren't allowed to take photos of the children inside the building. We met with director and the care providers. We had blankets to donate and they were appreciated. When I met the Foster Mom, I asked her for any advice or guidance she could give me concerning Jiang Heng Fang (Jaynie). She said she was very talented in dance and reading. I told her through our guide, that I felt the Jiang Heng Fang was a wonderful girl with excellent character. I also said that I held them in great esteem for the parenting and guidance she had been given. I promised to send them updates about Jaynie. As we were leaving the foster mom brought over the younger foster sister to say goodbye. Jaynie was so excited to see her, and asked "are you cold"? Then she asked "who will take care of you after I'm gone"? The foster mom told her "don't worry I'll take care of her". As we left the little foster sister cried and reached for Jaynie. Jaynie didn't cry but my eyes welled up and I wiped away the tears .

2 comments:

Marji said...

Kind of wrecks you, doesn't it? Wah, makes me cry too.

Sharon said...

The orphanage just tears me up inside. You can tell that these children are loved.

Jaynie is simply adorable in the photo with the mirror.

Loving following along with you!
Hugs!
Sharon